Re: IA-32 libraries

Hej,

you can find a well written description on how to install the Intel compilers on Debian here:

http://www.theochem.uwa.edu.au/fortran/intel_on_debian

The scripts given there fail to correct all stages of the .deb post-installation procedure, but as far as I can see, the only problem is that "<INSTALLDIR>" is not replaced with the correct installation directory, e.g. "/opt/intel/cce/9.1.042/" for Intel C compiler 9.1.042. This is needed for some scripts in the bin directories, e.g. /opt/intel/cce/9.1.042/bin/iccvars.sh.

You can fix this either manually after the package installation, or by replacing $DESTINATION with tmp/$DESTINATION in the make_deb_xxx.sh scripts.

sed -e 's/$DESTINATION/tmp\/$DESTINATION/' make_deb_9e.sh

should do this.

/Simone