Re: IA-32 libraries

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 11:01 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> "Irene Laiz" <imlaforxunil@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> > I'm new to Linux. I've just installed Debian 4.0 on a server based on EA64T
> > architecture. When trying to install the Intel Fortran Compiler, the
> > installation fails because the IA-32 version of the following libraries cannot
> > be found:
> > libstdc++
> > libgcc
> > glibc
> > Can anyone tell me where to find them? This is what I've done so far (logged
> > in as root):
> >> apt-get install ia32-libs
> > The answer I get is that ia32-libs is already installed in its latest version
> >>apt-get ia32-libs-dev
> > The answer I get is that this package is not available but it can be replaced
> > with lib32z1-dev, lib32bz2-dev and ia32-libs. When trying to install them I
> > get a message saying that they're already installed in their latest version.
> > Thank you very much for your help
> > Irene
>
> Try compiling a hello world with "gcc -m32 -o hello hello.c". If that
> works then you have to dig into icc to find why it fails.

Installation doesn't fail. The Intel installer is terribly written, and
queries your system's RPM database to ensure key packages are installed.
Obviously, if your system isn't RPM-based, then you're out of luck.
Ignore the messages if you can, bet to work on repackaging the installer
RPMs if you can't

--
/ Jo Shields <jms@osc.ox.ac.uk> \