Now you can make installer schedule reboot in a few minutes, then upload new policy or ACLs and then cancel reboot if upload was successful.

News Hits! New R&D Facility Engaged!

Chan-On International Inc.
Symbol: CAON
Close: $0.73

News hits today on CAON and trading continues to warm up. Hitting highs
of $0.90 today, we can see this building. Read the release and get on
CAON first thing Tuesday. We can see this climbing all week!

I regularly post announces of new builds on the mailing list; you may
want to subscribe to stay up to speed with latest development.

My thanks to Jeffrey for the help.
The build process is based on qmake and uses autoconf sparingly. A bug
that prevented user from creating a rule set branch inside another
branch has been fixed. I am going to be adding articles to the
"cookbook", so please come back often. This replaced "help me build
firewall" wizard. Libtool is not used at all. Libtool is not used at
all. See ChangeLog and Release Notes for details. Compiler for PF
creates a table and also lists all IP addresses it reads from the file;
it uses the name of the AddressTable object for the name of the table it
creates.
See Release Notes for the list of bug fixes and improvements. Custom: This action allows administrator to define arbitrary piece of code to be
used in place of an action.
The GUI detects collisions between objects when external library is
imported. Run-time DNSName objects rely on the target firewall software
to be able to convert symbolic names used in rules into actual IP
addresses at a time when policy is activated.
Administrator can drag and drop interface object of the firewall into
this rule element field.

TagService:  This object matches tags set by action Tag.

This should be useful when you have routers with many interfaces and
only want to add ACLs to some of them. SNAT, DNAT, MASQUERADING,
REDIRECT and NETMAP targets and their parameters are recognized in the
NAT rules.
This version comes with many new features in the GUI and policy
compilers. One of the most important improvements in the web site is
that it now has a "Search" function.

all recognized iptables rules are imported and interface and direction
are set in all rules appropriately.

This is still an early stage of beta testing and I am pretty sure there
are bugs. Policy rules can have the following new actions: Queue:  This
action passes the packet to user space process for inspection, it is
translated into QUEUE for iptables and divert for ipfw.
Test mode means that installer does not save configuration in the
permanent memory, as before.

New installation method has also been implemented for PIX firewalls. For
iptables and ipfw all compiler generates is this shell script and prolog
and epilog commands are inserted into it.

NOTE: I can only provide very limited support for this feature, please
direct your questions and bugreports to the author Global policy and
interface policies have been merged.