Re: Fwd: swap

Len, Patrick:
Thanks. Actually, I didn't see the original by Len.

Well, security comes first. Also, the idea of setting
in a cheap HD was a faulty idea anyway because I am at
WD Raptor just because cheap HDs didn't work on long
runs.

The mentioned Tyan mother board has 4 SATA ports, two,
I suppose, already occupied by raid1. Following the
suggestion by Len, is that possible to install another
raid1 (just for additional disk space, say swap) while
preserving the current Debian amd64 etch on present
raid1 (Linux driven)? This machine is ssh with Debian
i386 as graphical interface on another machine so that
reinstalling everything on new HDs would not be
attractive. Also, I am pressed to fish some
computations.

Thanks again
francesco

--- Patrick Albuquerque <patrick@albuquerque.ca>