Is ist a bug ?

Hi all,
I believe I found an error in the startup sequence. In /etc/rcS.d/ you find a
symling S20networking and S20pcmcia and S40pcmciautils. IMO the line is
wrong, as pcmcia should first be initialized and then the networking should
be started. When I do understand it correctly, then als the scripts are
starting alphanumerically.

So S40networking should be S41networking.

Are my thoughts correct ?

Maybe this would explain some thing, a am not able to manage. To activate my
wlancard I first have to load a special kernel-module /this works fine) and
then enter the command : echo "enabled : 1" > /proc/acpi/acer/wireless

(It is a special thing only for Acer notebooks)

I am doing this command with a script. But I have to execute this script afer
network initialisation again and have to restart network again. After this
everything works.

Why do I have to do it twice ? I suppose, because pcmcia initialisation
destroys the network due to the wrong sequence of networking and pcmcia.

Any hints are welcome !

Best regards

Hans