Re: a few simple questions about AMD64 version of Debian

Freddie Cash wrote:

> I've spent the last three years doing absolutely everything possible to
> avoid the nForce chipsets (which is getting increasingly harder to

Yeah, I agree.

> do).  :)  We don't have any servers running nVidia chipsets, I'm proud
> to say (going all the way back to our dual-AthlonMP systems).  They are
> all AMD 8000-series and VIA chipsets.  As such, we have had no
> stability problems or driver issues running FreeBSD and Debian (32-bit
> and 64-bit versions).  It's too bad AMD stopped producing their own
> chipsets, they were some very nice server chipsets.

I like the AMD 8000-series chipset, too. Not only for server. My Thunder
K8W is my rockstable workstation here.
And the Tyan Websites, full of tested hardware, are very usefull.

Has someone experience with k8 Broadcom/Serverworks chips?

Ciao Marco!