Re: Broken applications: Openoffice on AMD64

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 02:34:48PM +0200, Joost Witteveen wrote:
> Je 2006/07/20(4)/14:07, Joost Witteveen skribis:
> > I've been using a 64 bit OOo for a couple weeks now, and have been quite
> > pleased with it.  There's a working AMD64 port here:
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.0.3/amd64/
>
> That's the 2.0.3-1 version, released 2006-07-01, right? That must
> be the same version announced here: http://openoffice.debian.net/
> where it's described as: "Note that they sttill are not usable;
> for example saving doesn't work..."
> Now, my uses of OO usually don't include saving anything, but I do
> imagine that to be important for some people.
>
> (I run debian-amd64 on a server, where I have no need for OO, so I
> haven't tried it myself).
>

> Or does saving generally work, except for some exotic file formats like .doc?

I'm using this package since it's released, and had only very few
crashes. OOo only crashes while opening some MS-word files - with some
others it has no problem.

Saving documents failed never here - neither on .odt nor .doc-files.
Mostly I use OOo-writer - and that package seems to work very well.

sigi.