Re: 32bit chroot help

Rob Blomquist wrote:
On Tuesday 18 July 2006 12:37 am, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
Bharath Ramesh <bramesh@vt.edu> writes:
I had recently posted in the group for suggestions on the best possible
setup for a dual opteron compile/head node for our cluster. The solution
for 32bit support was to install a chroot for compiling 32bit
applications. I have a few questions on the best way to set up the 32bit
chroot.

1) The base-config package has been dropped. Do I need to configure the
32bit chroot or I dont need to configure the chroot at all.
Install sarge and dist-upgrade.

How does one shift this to get chroot running sarge or etch instead of sid? And how the heck do I point it at a more local server? I am still figuring out apt-get, but I am slaved to the links preconfigured. bootstrap has me baffled.

debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian

Seems fairly self-evident to me. Instead of "sid" on the above line say "sarge", instead of "http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian"; use one of the hundreds of URLs on http://www.debian.org/mirror/list - how is this complex or beyond basic common sense?