Re: 32bit chroot help

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 12:37 am, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Bharath Ramesh <bramesh@vt.edu> writes:
> > I had recently posted in the group for suggestions on the best possible
> > setup for a dual opteron compile/head node for our cluster. The solution
> > for 32bit support was to install a chroot for compiling 32bit
> > applications. I have a few questions on the best way to set up the 32bit
> > chroot.
> >
> > 1) The base-config package has been dropped. Do I need to configure the
> > 32bit chroot or I dont need to configure the chroot at all.
>
> Install sarge and dist-upgrade.

How does one shift this to get chroot running sarge or etch instead of sid?
And how the heck do I point it at a more local server? I am still figuring
out apt-get, but I am slaved to the links preconfigured. bootstrap has me
baffled.

debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32
http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA