Re: chroot

sigi <dugongs@gmx.de> writes:

>> > I did it, like described here:
>> > https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id271960
>> >
>> > But
>> > debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/
>>
>> Try it with sarge and then upgrade to side afterwards.
>
> OK, thanks for the help, with sarge it worked... But how do I now
> install something via apt-get? It only shows:
>
> ----
> apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot
> ----
>
> Do I have to download libstdc++ manually? Or do I have to set a link
> somewhere for that? It's all a little bit confusing to me with this
> chroot...
>
> sigi.

Normaly (c)debootstrap installs the required libs for apt.
cdebootstrap even uses apt-get inside the chroot itself. Not sure what
went wrong there. The only thing that changed recently is the Sarge R2
release but I would be surprised if apt changed its depends there.

So, unless you want to debug this, just fetch the proper deb and dpkg
-i it.

MfG
        Goswin