Re: AMD64

Jo Shields wrote:
Karl Schmidt wrote:

I'm working at getting a Tyan S2877 board up and going using the net-install-cd
of unofficial sarge  AMD64.

Several problems - first it would not recognize my SATA CD/DVD plextor drive (px-755SA) - not a big deal - so I put in an older IDE drive for now.

Next, it sees the broadcom Network chips - but they fail to work.

After setting up a raid configuration it fails to boot.

I'm wondering if I should just give up on Sarge or work these out one at a time?

This board has:

dual Processors
 • Supports two AMD Opteron™ 2xx processors
     Two onboard 4-phase VRMs
 • µPGA 940-pin socket

Chipset
 • nVIDIA CrushK8-04 Professional
 • Winbond W83627HF Super I/O
 • Analog Devices (1) ADT7468 Hardware Monitoring

Integrated LAN Controllers
 • One Broadcom BCM5705 GbE LAN (G2NR)
    - One RJ-45 LAN connector with LEDs
 • One Marvell 88E1111 GbE PHY
    - One RJ-45 LAN connectors with LEDs

I see no RAID hardware in the above. are you trying to configure MD?

Yes - I'm using software raid - MD

--
!!!>> INCLUDE ALL TEXT IN TECHNICAL SUPPORT EMAIL REPLIES!!!!!!!
Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl@xtronics.com

If man's brain was simple enough for us to understand,
we would be to simple to understand it.