Re: broken ia32-libc6 / libc6-i386

Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

> Hi folks,

Hi.

Why do you reply to an old mail that has nothing to with your problem?

> AFAICS ia32-libs shrunk for about 725KByte between 1.8 and
> 1.9. But using aptitude I can review the changelog. It is
> not available.

How does aptitude look for the changelog? packages.debian.org? That
seems to laag behind package uploads. The changelog for 1.8 is there,
1.9 not.

> What has been dropped?
>
> Would it be possible to provide the changelog by default,
> esp. for such a radical change?

You know, you could just download the package and look at the
changelog contained within. That is what it is for.

ia32-libs (1.9) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Frederik Schüler ]
  * Depend on lib32asound2 instead of shipping libasound2.
  * Include libxv1. Closes: #364061

  [ Goswin von Brederlow ]
  * fetch-and-build: Fail on download failure or missing source
  * fetch-and-build: Correct source version for bin-NMUs

 -- Frederik Schüler <fs@debian.org>  Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:52:12 +0200

Libasound is 300K big, accounting for the shrink from 5.9MiB to
5.6MiB. Where do you get 725KiB from?

> Many thanx
>
> Harri

MfG