Re: amd64 updates?

Jonathan Kaye wrote:

Corey Hickey wrote:

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
For the past 6 or 7 days, updating amd64 sid has produced no new upgrades
which seems a bit unusual. I'm using
deb http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib
in my sources.list but I've also tried
deb http://ftp.belnet.be/debian-amd64/debian/ sarge main contrib
with the same results.
I've read about the problems with xorg-xserver upgrades and I'm wondering
if there is a general freeze while this problem is sorted out.

I've also read that the debian amd64 repositories have moved but those
listed above are from the most recent Mirrors page I could find.
I guess that means the old debian-amd64 archive is no longer being
updated. That's ok, though -- amd64 sid is now on the main Debian
mirrors, as in:

http://www.debian.org/mirror/list

-Corey
Thanks for that Corey. Just to be absolutely sure I understand, this means
you don't have to indicate your architecture: amd64. If I'm using the
ftp.es.debian.org site then all I need is deb http://ftp.es.debian.org unstable main (this is for Sid amd64)
Is that correct?
Thanks,
Jonathan

You never indicate architecture in the url with Debian - be it MIPS or Itanium, it's almost always http://something/debian. The reason for /debian-amd64/ was that debian-amd64 distribution is (was) an unofficial project, not officially part of Debian.