Re: dist-upgrade sarge to etch

> I did this once about a month back and broke my entire system.
>
> I was merely looking for a kernel upgrade to get my nForce-based sound
> card working. Things may have changed since then.
>
> I didn't mind losing the gnome and kde stuff but I also lost my X setup.

Hmm, this sounds really bad! With this sarge-installation I recently
can't print or scan and have no sound (nForce-based too)... With my
formerly testing/unstable-installation all this worked fine.

But I don't like to download this DVD-isos for testing again, and
install this all for a third time! And I can't do a netinstall, because
my wlan-card isn't recognized from debian during installation yet...

I hope, there is a way to do a upgrade from sarge to etch?

sigi.