Re: PCIExpress and PCI video card together

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 05:39:40PM -0700, Sebastian Haase wrote:

> Is the PCI-X slot supported in the "default" kernel ? I use a precompiled
> 2.6.15 kernel.  I checked the /boot/config-2.6.15... file but didn't
> recognise anything useful ...

PCI-X should be supported (you can check it by removing the other VGA
card and leaving only the PCI-X card in the machine). The biggest
problem is having multiple VGA cards is not generally supported and only
works with certain models of certain vendors, and sometimes requires
manual tweakings. Google is your friend here, but do not expect much.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences