Re: Problems with upgrading packages in unstable

"Edward Guldemond" <edward.guldemond@gmail.com> writes:

> When running unstable on my amd64 system, I am encountering problems
> upgrading five packages.  The packages with the problems are docker,
> libbonobo2-0, libgtk2.0-bin, libselinux1, and openntpd.  After
> upgrading them, they stay in the list of packages to be upgraded.
> Forcing a purge on them and reinstalling does not help the problem.
> This behavior started after moving from the archive on
> amd64.debian.net to the ftp.us.debian.org mirror.

Best guess is that you still have the old amd64.debian.net packages in
your apt cache. Aptitude wants to upgrade those packages to the debian
build and the downloader (wrongfully) sees that they are already in
cache and returns the old packages for installation. Aptitude then
still wnats the new package and repeats it every time.

Try running aptitude clean.

MfG
        Goswin