Re: The future of the amd64 port

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 06:47:14PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>> (Please CC me, I forget if I'm subscribed.)
>>
>> At what point should Mirrors.masterlist be updated to remove the
>> amd64.debian.net mirrors and stop listing all the main mirror network as
>> "!amd64"?
>
> As used in the installer?  I guess as long as it supports
> installing sarge.
>

> Kurt

Can we list the amd64.debian.net mirrors as sarge only and the debian
mirrors as etch/sid? Not sure if the Master file had that info.

It would be nice to have both sarge and etch/sid installs working. If
that can be done I think it should be done asap so the next
choose-mirror upload gets the new list.

If the list isn't detailed enough I'm not sure what I would
prefer. Either sarge or etch/sid will be broken soon then.

MfG
        Goswin