Re: Powernow on MSI L715

Thanks for the advice!

Regrettably bios does not offer any possibility to set the an mode.
Only an option to turn powernow on or off :-(

Andrea Gasparini wrote:
Hallo! Please help me to set up powernow for L715 MSI notebook. This is
the laptop with MT4 Turion processor. I have a problem with cpu
temperature control: the temperature on idle machine stabilizes about
54*C. The frequency is at lowest level (800MHz). Fan incessantly changes
speed from lower to higher: once in a couple of seconds!
I have some fan problems too.
I've (not) resolved using BIOS settings: I specify that the fan must be active when AC-powered and inactive when battery-powered...

I hope that a newer kernel could resolv this problem.
bye!