Re: nvidia building from source (2.6.15)

Jo Shields wrote:
Sebastian Haase wrote:

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 13:38, you wrote:
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 12:05:57PM -0800, Sebastian Haase wrote:
Thanks for the reply. (Just for reference I just found
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html

BUT: In all places I found (including
http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia/...) there seems to be only
version 7174 for AMD64
AND then I always get complains from the debian/rules scripts that
essentially say that they only work with the kernel-headers packages but
not with linux-headers ...

What needs to be fixed to get "anything" of nvidia to work with  lthe
inux-headers   package ?
Works for me with linux-headers.  At least 8178-3 does.

Thanks for the reply - as I said the only 8178 I found claimed to be only for i386. Now, I went to the nvidia web site and got their driver-installer script (appr. 9MB) -- it worked right-away (I followed instructions from http://wiki.serios.net/wiki/Debian_NVIDIA_proprietary_display_driver_installation) Only concern of course now is that I would like to know where the hell this script put its (glx / module / X ) files .... !?!?!?

All over the place. Which is why you NEVER use the stuff from nvidia.com directly
Exactly. That said, I think there may be an uninstaller in the package now? BTW, although Randall Donald says he puts his packages on his own repository at http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia, he hasn't done that since December. The main repositories get them, though.

Dave