Re: nvidia building from source (2.6.15)

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 11:43, you wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:10:42AM -0800, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> > Len,
> > Thanks for the reply. Could you be little more verbose on what
> > dpkg-source -x nvidia*dsc
> > means !?  Where do I get the nvidia*dsc  file(s) ? Does
> > dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b
> > automatically try to get all the build-dependencies ?
>
> Well there is:
>
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers/
>
> It should have a tar file, a diff and a dsc.
>
> 7174-3 is sarge's version.  I know that one will build on sarge amd64.
> not sure if it works with 2.6.15, although I thought it did when I tried
> it on i386 at least.  8178-2 or -3 might require a dpkg/debhelper/other
> stuff upgrade to compile/use at all.
>
> Heck, even apt-get source nvidia-source ought to grab it for you, if
> pointed at the official debian sources location.
>
> Len Sorensen

Thanks for the reply. (Just for reference I just found
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html

BUT: In all places I found (including
http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia/...) there seems to be only version
7174 for AMD64
AND then I always get complains from the debian/rules scripts that essentially
say that they only work with the kernel-headers packages  but not with
linux-headers ...

What needs to be fixed to get "anything" of nvidia to work with  lthe
inux-headers   package ?

Thanks very much for your help !!
- Sebastian Haase