Re: nvidia building from source (2.6.15)

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:10:42AM -0800, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Len,
> Thanks for the reply. Could you be little more verbose on what
> dpkg-source -x nvidia*dsc
> means !?  Where do I get the nvidia*dsc  file(s) ? Does
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b
> automatically try to get all the build-dependencies ?

Well there is:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers/

It should have a tar file, a diff and a dsc.

7174-3 is sarge's version.  I know that one will build on sarge amd64.
not sure if it works with 2.6.15, although I thought it did when I tried
it on i386 at least.  8178-2 or -3 might require a dpkg/debhelper/other
stuff upgrade to compile/use at all.

Heck, even apt-get source nvidia-source ought to grab it for you, if
pointed at the official debian sources location.