Re: ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard: comments?

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:53:39PM +0200, Charles de Miramon wrote:
> Yes. It may work but you have to nam ethe .bin file the right way and you
> have very few options. Alternatively, you have to burn a UltimateBoot CD
> and a second CD with the Bios file and the Dos based bios upgrading
> application from the Asus Website.

There is way to do it with one CD, if there's a DOS BIOS upgrader. Just
get a DOS floppy image, modify it to add the BIOS updater and update,
and use that image to make a bootable CD.

I've done this a couple of times, though not with linux tools
admittedly. No reason why it shouldn't work though.

Hamish