Re: ASUS A8N-SLI Motherboard: comments?

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I thought you just put the .bin bios file on a floppy or cd and hit
> alt+f2 at the bios.  Or does that not work on the A8N series boards (I
> am used to A7N series still).

Yes. It may work but you have to nam ethe .bin file the right way and you
have very few options. Alternatively, you have to burn a UltimateBoot CD
and a second CD with the Bios file and the Dos based bios upgrading
application from the Asus Website.

UltimateBoot let you boot in DrDos than you switch CD and upgrade your Bios.

In Windows, you have a nice little application Asus Update that downlaod the
stuff and upgrade automatically.

Cheers,
Charles
--