Re: Trouble setting up ALSA on Asus K8U-X motherboard

Dan Wolfgang wrote:

>But no soundcards are found. I guess I'm not quite sure of what to do
>with the buggy_semaphore=1 fix. I enter
>modprobe snd_intel8x0 buggy_semaphore=1
>and don't get any feedback from modprobe (should I?) and no soundcards
>are still found. I enter it, then try rerunning alsaconf, with the
>same result of no soundcard. I'm not sure of what else to do. Can
>anybody help?

In the case of Debian (don't know for other distributions), edit the
file /etc/modprobe.d/sound so that the line containing

options snd-intel8x0 index=0

becomes

options snd-intel8x0 index=0 buggy_semaphore=1

--
Envy is a pain of mind that successful men cause their neighbors.
		-- Onasander

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@bol.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb