Re: ATI-drivers flickers was: ATI-driver will not start with 3D-acceleration (Update)

Hi,

> I'm running a shuttle xpc st 20g5, with an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 on board
> graphics. But when I use the ati driver (8.22.5) it turns the dvi port off,
> and on every window redraw the desktop flickers horizontally.
>
> I do not have those problems with the std vesa driver.
>
> Do you had similar problems ?

I have the same problem with my Radeon 7000 PCI-Card  and the
ati-driver. Especially the terminal flickers all the time and some
font-characters seem to be italic, when they shouldn't be...

Using the vesa-driver, the problem is less problematic.
Did somebody get another solution than using the vesa-driver?

regards,
sigi.