Re: which motherboard for a debian server?

Depends on how reliable the server should be. I would always prefer an AMD chipset over nVidia when it comes to reliability. Even if you loose a bit of performance. For socket 939 this will be a problem of course (any AMD 8000 boards available?).

i was unable to found one

 Tyan usually is a decent choice - we have several
dual-S940 AMD8000 based 1U-barebones running under high load without problems.
Why don't you just buy another A8V? Ok, once failed, nerver again perheaps ;)

it's the second asus motherboard, with the same problem, i nomore trust
of asus :#

The Tyan NF4 board should work though sometimes there are problems with spanking new ethernet controllers (new revs), so I don't know for sure. You might need a kernel from unstable or backports.org.

i'll use an external ethernet card ;)

Make sure there's enough air flowing over the passive heatsink on the chipset. SLI is not needed for a server of course ...

i think i'll buy a S2865ANRF

helped a bit?
yes, thanks

here is a review