Re: Porting OpenOffice to AMD64

Hi,

Mickael Marchand wrote:
> Emmanuel Fleury a ?crit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just want to advertise the new Wiki system of OpenOffice and to pint
> > out a page specifically dedicated to the OpenOffice port to AMD64.
> >
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Porting_to_x86-64_%28AMD64%2C_EM64T%29
> >
> > Regards
>
> I've given a quick look to compile oo debs on amd64 with gcj-4.1
> for now I could not get it to go past the configure step, OOo does not
> like debian's gcj-4.1 apparently. I probably need to tweak some
> configure options.

Jup.

FWIW, I did build 2.0.2-1 for amd64 with gcj 4.0. It still is broken as
known and this will not change as fast as many people assume. The stuff
get SLOWLY forward, though.

(http://people.debian.org/~rene/openoffice.org/2.0.2/experimental, _all
ones in ..)

We (Goswin and me) currently are planning on providing debs for amd64,
though, that being the 32bit OOo but that needs some work and testing.

Stay tuned... Trying to use the amd64 OOo for anything else than
bbuilding and seeing how broken it is (except helping the port itself)
is completely senseless at the moment...

Regards,

Rene
 - who now also has a amd64 and just tried again to see it himself ;)