Kernel 2.6.15-1-XXX: Some Questions

Hello all,

I saw lots of patches in /usr/src/kernel-patches. How do I have to understand
this ?

- Are the original debian-kernel-sourcen already patched or do I have to patch
a kernel myself ?

- Is this syntax correct (i.e. debianlogo):

"make-kpkg --append-to-version -1-amd64-k8 --added_patches debianlogo
kernel_image" or must I give the absolut path like this:

"make-kpkg --append-to-version -1-amd64-k8
--added_patches /usr/src/kernel-ptches/debianlogo kernel_image" ?

Another question is: I found a configuration point using make menuconfig,
where I can add the version. If I enter there -1-amd64-k8, Isuppose, I can
leave the --append-to-version option. Is this correct ?

If I use a patched kernel (the example with debianlogo) , I always have to
build a new kernel, whenever Debian has released a new one, do I ?

Thanks for your infos !

Best regards

Hans