Re: kernel config for MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum?

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:56:17AM +0100, Gabor Gombas wrote:
> I cannot speak for the original poster but for me a kernel not requiring
> an initrd is a big plus, esp. if I have to debug a boot problem in a
> short time. And since I like to daily track unstable and sometimes even
> experimental, I should be prepared for such hiccups :-) Also I quite
> like the in-kernel RAID autodetection which is not available when MD is
> modular.

Software raid and lvm is part of why I like initrd setups.  They are so
much simpler to get to work with anything.  With initramfs-tools and
2.6.15 I haven't had any problems with any setup I have tried so far.
yaird on the other hand has been a disaster when I tried it.