Re: problem with nxserver and debian/sarge/stable

I used to use tightvnc and did indeed like it.  I also had tried
nxserver/nxclient and freenx and never could get it to work.  But, when
nomachine came out with a free license for up to two clients per server,
I tried it again. This time it came with .deb package files and all the
install headaches seem to have been solved.

The nomachine product is very nice and much better than vnc.  It is
understandable why they have released this as a commercial product.  I
think that the vnc packages still don't support opengl 3D images
remotely (am I correct on that ?).  NX on the other hand, not only
supports 3D opengl imaging, but it will work as if right at the console,
but remote.  My remote client is over cable modem and I can manipulate
the 3D images without pausing.  I have read where some folks are happy
even with dial-up speeds.  It is quite an amazing technological
breakthrough (they must have a unique algorithm of some type).

So, it no one in this forum has tried this, I can't get an answer to my
question.  I guess I will move on...

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory