.bashrc

Title: .bashrc

Where should environmental variables be set to be accepted at boot in order to launch an application from anywhere from terminal window as root? I tried moving .bashrc (where the env variable are written) from my home to either

/root
or
/boot/grub

Neither worked. Of course I checked that setting manually the env variables from terminal window as root worked correctly. Also. .bashrc worked correctly to launch the application as user. Why launching as root? It is another story, surely of no interest to anyone else than me.

Thanks for answering
francesco pietra