Re: .bashrc

Op wo, 29-11-2006 te 09:42 +0100, schreef frapietra@alice.it:
> Where should environmental variables be set to be accepted at boot in
> order to launch an application from anywhere from terminal window as
> root? I tried moving .bashrc (where the env variable are written) from
> my home to either

The direct answer to your question would probably to set the setuid bit
of those applications and set the owner to root. This is not very safe,
however. Somewhat better may be to install sudo ('run application as
root'). Yet a better way may be to try to explain which programs you
want to run as root and why.

Best,

Koen