Re: System freeze (again)

Hi,
Jaime> Pleas try to isolate the problem,
Jaime>
Jaime> If you suspect of powernow-k8 disable it,
Jaime>
Jaime> try to work without X for a while
Jaime>
Jaime> try vesa driver

I changed from via to vesa and the screensaver doesn't freeze my system,
I'm able to run some 3d programs really slow and I noticed that soya and
mesa don't complain, when I used the via driver some applications
refused to launch, and wine still refuses to launch applications like
Dfd.

My videocard is a motherboard builtin one.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Unknown device 7142
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
        Latency: 32 (500ns min)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
        Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
        Region 1: Memory at f4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at f5000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

According to the manual it's a K8M800 , I started to read about unichrome
and openchrome and ti looks like it's the usual problem of the enterprises
that still don't get the idea of free software and opensource, has anyone
tried to use other drivers to make the things work better?

There are no freezes now(with the screensaver for about 5 hours), but the
rendering is really slow, for example when I use the slidebar in Mozilla
I can see the repainting...

Jaime>
Jaime> try change your mouse
Jaime>
Jaime> try chage your mouse driver...
Jaime>
Jaime> good luck...

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Recomiendo Python como lenguaje de programación
http://www.python.org