Re: Virtual machine on Debian amd64

On Thursday 16 November 2006 11:46 am, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
>    I have made a childish attempt to become a software developer and I
> found out that there is some people out there in the big world using
> Windows :) I need some Windows environment and wine does not help since
> it does not support USB as far as I know. Is there anyone using a
> virtual machine successfully on amd64. And if so, does it work
> properly?

Grab the free VMWare Server 1.0, install it into /usr/local, fire it up,
create a VM, and install Windows.  After "booting" into Windows, install
the VMWare Tools to allow you seamless mouse/keyboard movements between
the host system and the virtual system.

Works like a charm here.
--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-2 CCNT CCLP      Network Support Technician
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]