Re: Weird behavior of df with "BLOCK_SIZE="

Um 23:36 Uhr am 08.11.06 schrieb Hamish Moffatt:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 01:27:41PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> I am currently struck by a _very_ weird bug of df on Sarge-AMD64 with
>> coreutils-5.2.1-2.
>>
>> Note the randomly changing output:
>>
>> root@xen-16:~#  while sleep 1; do BLOCK_SIZE= df --portability /; done

> Interesting. Couldn't find a bug logged against coreutils, but couldn't
> reproduce it on unstable either.

Ths bug does not occur in Etch or Sid, only in Sarge.

> Suggest backporting coreutils or upgrading to etch...

Upgrading to Etch is not an option right now, backporting coreutils might
work. An "officially" fixed package would be the best way, of course.

I tried reading the diff between the df.c in Sarge and the one in Etch,
but I failed, so I am no help in fixing this problem.

S°

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/