Re: How many CD for install debian on amd64+nvidia ? [sarge]

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 11:56:30AM +0200, P|pex wrote:
> Hi
> I need to install AMD64 machine by CDs, because "my
> friends" not have a internet connection (no phone
> line).

Is the machine even supported by sarge's installer?  Most amd64 systems
are too new to even be possible to install sarge on, unless you use one
of the unofficial updated installers such as the one at:
http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

> how many CD I must download?

Depends which software is desired.  If you want to be able to pick
anything at all, then you need all the disks (for sarge that is 2 DVDs
or I believe 14 CDs).  That does NOT included non-free and contrib,
which means you have to seperately get things like the nvidia packages
from the non-free and contrib directories.

Of course updates are also imposible to get without an internet
connection or a lot of work.