Re: Compiz + AIGLX + Nvidia HOWTO

Pascal Giard escribió:
I was asking this because with the new nvidia drivers, you don't need
to use AIGLX anymore. GL_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is directly
implemented in the driver.

Therefore you can use direct rendering and gain much performance.

-Pascal

Playing with compiz I've found that it always uses indirect rendering, because of this wrapper (/usr/bin/compiz):

#!/bin/sh

# start the gtk-window-decorator if present
if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator ]; then
       /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator --replace &
fi

# always load the gconf plugin
/usr/bin/compiz.real --strict-binding --indirect-rendering --use-cow "$@" gconf

--