Re: kernel compile.

> I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my brain?
Double check if you are missing a needed boot flag in your /boot/grub/menu.1st
i.e.*in my case*  'nohpet'
# kopt=root=/dev/hda2 ro nohpet pci=routeirq
note!
you will have to do a 'sudo update-grub' if you change anything in 'menu.1st'
are you compiling/installing kernels the 'debian way'?
i.e.
'fakeroot make-kpkg  kernel_image'
'sudo dpkg -i <madeKernelimage>Custom_amd64.deb'

just ideas...
NB! if you haven't messed with /boot/grub/menu.1st before.. I strongly
suggest that you look for the problem elsewhere first...
best of luck
Joachimp

1 Oct 2006 06:57:28 GMT, Jack Malmostoso <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch>:
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 01:20:07 +0200, chris wakefield wrote:

> I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my brain?

Is there any special reason why you are compiling your own kernel? Aren't
stock Debian kernels not good enough? I guess if you need some particular
options it's better to take Debian's .config and edit that (or file a
bugreport) instead of starting from scratch.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449