Re: Fail to detect the Cd-Rw

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 01:15:01PM -0700, chindea mihai wrote:
> I tried to install the AMD64 OS version, on my PC, the boot worked fine, but when installer should Detect and Mount the cdrom, failed to detect any. I was wondering if there is any problem with my mainboard. I have an Abit Aw8-Max, a Intel Pentium D 830, and 2 optical units, a cd-rw and a dvd-rw both Plextor.
> Can you please tell me what should I do, so the installer to detect one of my optical unit.

The 2.6.8 kernel is rather old and doesn't support hardware released
after it was (that means any new hardware made in the last 18 months).
Try either getting one of the newer unofficial sarge installers (such as
the one from http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/) or install Etch(testing)
instead which officially has amd64 support from debian.