Re: Installing Intel Fortran Compiler

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 12:17:05PM -0500, Patrick Albuquerque wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:06:26AM +0100, A J Stiles wrote:
> >
> > You should *never* install *any* software which does not come with source
> > code -- you don't know where it's been.  If the software vendor isn't
> > prepared to show you the source code, that's a clear sign that there is
> > something in there that they don't want you to see.
> >
> > You wouldn't buy a cake that didn't have a list of ingredients on the box,
> > would you?
> >

> And if the chef in your favorite restaurant does not give you his
> recipies when you demand them, boycott the restaurant!

If you ask what is in something, you usually get a list of the majority
of things, although not the quantities of course which would be requires
to duplicate it.

I know I won't buy a cake without an ingredient list anymore.  My wife
is alergic to chestnuts, and after having a chocolate cake which we
didn't know had chestnut paste in it, I would rather not repeat the
experience that caused.