Re: future of ATX?

dtutty@porchlight.ca wrote:
Slightly off topic but I'm soon going to be making a new computer (my
first in 12 years) and will be using AMD with Debian.

The standard board/power/box form-factor has been ATX for a while.  Does
anyone see anything else on the horizon?  I plan to buy a good case and
power supply with excellent cooling for long life.  If theres a new
standard soon to replace ATX then I'll wait and get that;  if not, I'll
stick with ATX.

Doug.

BTX has been replacing ATX for years, and still doesn't have much penetration beyond OEMs like Dell. ATX will still serve you fine - if you're really worried, get a combination case like a Lian-Li V1000-series.