Re: [POLL] To continue 64 or not?

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Jack Malmostoso wrote:

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:20:09 +0200, Andrew Robinson wrote:

Just looking for some constructive feedback on other's opinions.

The answer is really easy: if you feel it's a pain then switch back to the
32bit.

I agree completely. It just boils down to: if you do not see advantages (for
your use) in 64bit and feel more comfortable in 32bit, go ahead and switch
to it. I am in the same boat as Francesco (heavy number crunching) and I can
tell you that in my work the difference is huge and more than justifies
the extra work of maintaining the 32bit chroot jail in parallel. I actually
prefer sacrificing some disk space and keeping the 64bit and 32bit
installations in sync and as closely mirrored as possible, because this
makes things simpler to maintain, at the expense of some extra work to set
it up at first.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.