Re: [POLL] To continue 64 or not?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 01:11:08PM -0600, Andrew Robinson wrote:
> Looking for some constructive feedback on other people's experiences
> with amd64 as a workstation. I have been only using it a few weeks,
> and the setup is a pain due to the amount of 32 bit only programs. I
> am having some issues with:
>
> Eclipse + ExadelStudio plugin (plugin is 32-bit only)
I use the 64 bit java from sun and downloaded eclipse 3.2 form the web
site and it work fine. Not sure about the ExadelStudi stuff, but as long
as its all java then should work fine
> Firefox + Flash (Flash is 32-bit only)
live with out flash
> OpenOffice
run it in dchroot - work fine.  1 command to install the chroot, then
occassional go into the chroot aptitude and update stuff.  I access
openoffice from the 64bit command line and from xfce4
> Cedega
na
> Wine
na