Re: Debian AMD64 - any 32bit compatibility?

On 8/30/06, A J Stiles <deb64@earthshod.co.uk> wrote:
> To deny access to the source code of a program shows nothing but contempt for
> users, and we should not tolerate this blatant abuse.

Yes, we should not... But there still are companies that make us
(opensource software users) addicted to their closed products (flash for
example - some web pages use flash not only for anoying adverts but for
navigation etc.).

Użytkownik Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@aitel.hist.no> napisał:
>At least you can have 64-bit java in a webbrowser - use
>the konqueror browser. It works works with available
>64-bit java because it does _not_ need the nonexisting
>"64-bit java-plugin for browsers" It interfaces directly
>with java instead, without a plugin. And it works with
>java test websites - I don't use java much otherwise
>so I don't know how good or bad it might be.
>
>Helge Hafting

I finally tried it and almost managed to configure the Konqueror the way
I wanted. And java works just fine (not only on the test pages)!
Thanks for the solution!