Re: 2.6.8-12-amd64-k8 raid1 freezes with spurious interrupts

Hi,

> > I have a problem with an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard, kernel
> > 2.6.8-12-amd64-k8 and raid1 on two 300 GB Samsung harddrives
> >
> > Regulary while the raid syncs I get "spurious interrupts 8859 IRQ7 etc."
> > and the system freezes!
>
> I've seen "spurious interrupt IRQ7" errors on boards with an unused
> Centronics printer port.  Does your mobo have such a port?  If so, do you
> still get these errors with a printer plugged in?

thanks for detailed help, I'll to diable the printer port via the bios and see
if it helps, as I don't need it.

Anyway there must be annother problem, while syncing the raid1. Because I
don't see all the time "spurious interrupts". Furthermore the freezing
sometime "halts" for some minutes, where regualary work is possible.

Harm