debian panel-menu

Hi,

I had to reinstall my system yesterday... and now have the problem, that
the debian-menu section of the top-panel in gnome does not exist
anymore. Some applications are listed there, but the debian-section
is not.

Does anyone has a hint, which package this handles?
I have restored my homedir from a backup, with all conf-files in it -
could this be the mistake?
But I tried to remove the old conffiles/directories .gnome .gnome2 ...
once, and it didn't help.

I'm running amd64 testing, with a 2.6.15-kernel

Thanks for your help,
sigi