Re: No sound on etch when using video players

Sam Varghese wrote:

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 03:55:44PM -0400 Lennart Sorensen said:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:47:29AM +1000, Sam Varghese wrote:
Yes, the sound daemon is running. And the gstreamer packs are installed.

The user is already a member of the audio group (which I presume is what
you mean).

Same situation. Sound with CDs, not with videos or DVDs.
Is mixer volume for PCM set high enough and unmuted?  Playing audio CDs
use one of the line in volume settings after all, not PCM.

That's fine as well. It's just a mystery to me. And very frustrating as
well.

Thanks for the tip anyway.

If you have a digital output switch mixer, mute/unmute it

e.g. http://apebox.org/modules/images//Miscelaneous%20Junk/digitalout.png