Re: apparent crashes persist.

 On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 09:43:55PM -0500, Jaime Ochoa Malag?n wrote:
> An importat thing about havig ssh acces is the problem is not wqith
> the machine is with your applications, try vesa X driver...
>
> You could have only a unstable X...

I'm currently running the vesa X driver.  Previously I had the problem
with the nvidia X drivers.

The problem shows up as dead mouse pointer.  Which maked X pretty
useless.  But if the system is in a state where it might expect keyboard
input, it continues to react to the keyboard.  I can continue to enter a
URL into firefox (though it won't load a new one when I press enter),
and the tab key allows me to change panes in firefox -- tab between ads,
images, and so forth.  However, the ctrl-alt-F* keys no longer work.

In fact, the specificity of the problem suggests that it is probably not
a RAM problem at all.  But it doesn't rule out other hardware, such as
maybe the mouse itself, or the USB controller the mouse plugs into.

-- hendrik