Re: Broken applications: Could we be honest?

The point is that they do not work exactly fine. For ddd, the console at the bottom is dead.
The keyboard fails. For grace(xmgrace) the same symptom is present in all
text boxes. This appears to be a pretty general problem because the same is true for
Fedora Core 5, but not for Fedora Core 4. I have compiled xmgrace from sources and
I have the same problem. I have done some looking and this problem surfaced
several years ago on a cygwin list.
Just for the record, when I invoke xmgrace from the command line, I receive many errors like this:

Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:  osfHelp

I get exactly the same set from ddd. Again, this is true for AMD64 for both Debian and for Fedora Core 5.

Art Edwards