Re: Broken applications: Could we be honest?

Thanks for your response.

We have the pgi compiler on the head node of a very
old, 32-bit beowulf. I do my production calculations on
a very nice large, 64-bit cluster at a national laboratory, but
my desktop machine had, until about 6 weeks ago, been a
1.4 GHz 32-bit machine. The graphics had become hopelessly
bogged down. So, ironically, our main internal compute engine
is 32-bit and my desktop is 64. Go figure. I'm using my
laptop for most code development and for making xmgrace
figures for publication.

Art Edwards